Advanced Diploma of Business Management
- ABOUT COLLEGE
The Advanced Diploma of Business Management focuses on assisting students in identifying and developing their leadership potential in management and leadership practices through industry and competitive analysis as well as assisting students in being competent in decision-making, flexible and adaptable when change is necessary, and the ability to improve their personal and social resilience.
Students can learn how to execute tasks, find efficiencies, recruit the best employees, and apply their financial skills to make wise, creative, and strategic business decisions. They will concentrate on their development as leaders and decision-makers through experiential learning and realistic assignments that will model real-world business scenarios.
Course duration: The 60-credit Advanced Diploma of IT & Computing is a full-time course that is delivered in 4 semesters that include 2400 equivalent instructional hours.
Program Core Units
Principles of Management
Advance Technical Writing
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Finance
Leading Organizational change
Human Resources Management
Leadership and Organizational Behaviour
Foundations of Leadership
Globalization and International Management
Course Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Advanced Diploma in Business Management should expect to gain the following competencies:
• Develop strong analytical and theoretical tools and apply them in their respective field of business.
• Demonstrate critical thinking skills
• Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
• Evaluate the impact of global issues on an organization's business opportunities by using an environmental scan.
• Apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization's business initiatives.
• Use current concepts/systems to support an organization's business initiatives.
• Critically evaluate, design, and conduct research.
• Outline and assess the components of a business plan.
• Use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organization.
• Apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
• Outline principles of supply chain management and operations management.
• Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate arguments and relevant managerial information
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, or a mature applicant
- English: Grade 12 - C, or equivalent course
- Mathematics: Grade 12 - C, or equivalent course
Required Minimum Scores
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
80 (20L, W, S, R) iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) or 550 Paper-based
IELTS -Academic Module
6 – Overall with no Band below 5.5
58 - Overall Minimum Score (49L, W, S, R)
FCE (Cambridge English First)
174 - Cambridge English Scale or FCE B
CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced)
180 - Cambridge English Scale or CAE C
CPE (Cambridge English Proficiency)
200 - Cambridge English Scale or CPE C
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language)
60 - Overall score with no band below 50
On behalf of Aspire College, it is my sincere privilege to welcome all future students to our world leading Canadian multi-pathway programs.
Aspire College is based in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada’s fastest growing urban cities located in the maritime provinces.
Our college works in partnership with industry and the greater community to offer relevant, cutting-edge learning programs, leading our graduates to better career opportunities in Canada and around the world. Backed by decades of expertise and experience, we provide a transformative learning experience that connects students to the skills they need, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive.
Our diploma programs are also recognized by universities both domestically and globally. This allows our graduates to earn credit (advanced standing) towards a related university degree, giving students the benefit of choice in Canada’s most effective multi-pathway programs.
VISION and MISSION
Our vision for Aspire College is to be the leading provider of professional business courses, leading to better career opportunities in Canada and abroad. Our vision is also to be a college of choice for students seeking an affective pathway to completing a university degree at a local university.
Our daily mission is to empower our students to fulfill their academic and professional goals in a college that is diverse, innovative, welcoming and inclusive for all students, faculty and staff.